The wonderful world of Justice and Mommy aka Mary!

Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Side Trip To Sea World

The day after Justice’s party, Aunt Allie suggested we all go to Sea World, to complete our birthday celebration for Justice. At first, my main concern was salvaging the party; but, when she suggested this side trip I was pretty excited. Usually it’s just me and Justice at the parks, which I love; however, it’s nice to have companions sometimes. Justice was super excited to have a friend to run around with and I was looking forward to having another grown up to converse with.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Of course we got there later than we planned and I knew I had to leave around 4:00 to drive back to West Palm; but, we still had a great day with the time we had. Justice got to wear his “birthday badge” and Steven, Allie’s middle child got to experience a-lot of new things. We saw a few shows which the boy’s loved- especially Matthew, Allie’s youngest. He kept jumping up and down while clapping his hands and babbling at the sea creatures and trainers. I’m sure he was saying something important.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The boys fed sharks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


And they got to play in the super cool nets in Shamu’s Happy Harbor.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Justice even got to talk to his bff Dylan (Allie’s step-son) on the cell phone.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

All in all it was a great day; but, the most meaningful moment happened in the parking lot as we were about to leave. We reached our car and as I sat my bag down and searched for my keys, I happened to look up at the sky and saw the words “Love God” written in the great blue expanse by some (RANDOM AIRPLAIN INFO!!!) It was simple and powerful at the same time.

You never know how what you do will affect somebody. I think a-lot of Christians go out there to witness to the lost, when sometimes it’s the found who need some witnessing. We had had a very trying weekend and nothing seemed to go as I had planned. I had to make the difficult decision to cancel Justice’s party due to the weather and the lack of a location to hold it. I drove 3 ½ hours north to my friends house to make the best of a bad situation and salvage some sort of party for him. He was happy with the alternative; yet, I was disappointed because I wasn’t able to give him everything I wanted to.

Then, I saw it in the sky “Love God” That was it. It was so simple. All we had to do was love God and the rest would take care of itself. In the end it’s not the birthday parties or the fun things we do that are going to count. All God requires of us is love. If we truly love him with all our hearts and keep him the focal point of our lives we can’t go wrong.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I don’t know who got the idea to write those words in the sky, who came up with the funding or who executed it; but, right now I’m just going to throw out a random thank you to them. It meant a-lot to me and it’s exactly what I needed to hear after the weekend I had.
StumbleUpon My StumbleUpon Page
posted by Mary Gerber at 4/06/2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home